Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Down Time

Right now birding is taking a back seat to work. I have commissions to finish and can get the birds I missed on the 1st just by keeping my eyes open for the most part. I called Pelee Days Inn to see if there were any rooms available for Mother's Day weekend....looks like we are camping again. That's o.k., it is fun to camp out too and we are only there for 2 nights. We went a bit early last year and it wasn't as good as it could have been but it was still awesome. Since I have taken a break I thought I would post these 2 pics of a Peregrine Falcon that was captured this Oct., 2007 at Cape May.

Turns out it was banded in the nest where it was born earlier in the year in Greenland by some folks from Denmark! Pretty cool! This bird was quite angry, huffing & puffing and trying to bite the bander. I took a couple pics while documentation was made and then she was released quickly and unharmed.


This is a pic of the inside of the blind/banding station at Cape May, NJ. Birding in Cape May was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it if you haven't been. Lots of cool birds and a nice little town!



No comments: