Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Yard Bird! TWO! Peregrine Falcons...Fighting!

Last night just before dark Michele and I were in the yard talking to a neighbor while the kids were riding bikes. I had recently started thinking about nighthawks showing up before too long and when I saw 2 dark pointy-winged silhouettes coming in from the distance I thought maybe that is what they were but I immediately realized they were too big and wrote them off as pigeons. BUT, as they reached us, flew directly above us about 30ft and began aerial combat and kak-ing loudly I astoundingly realized they were the infamous P-birds!! In my yard no less!!! TWO OF THEM!!! After thier brief aerial conflict one flew off directly the way they had come from and the other continued in the direction they had been heading. Usually the most exciting bird I get is a House Finch instead of the usual House Sparrow so you can imagine why I wet my pants.

No comments: