Friday, May 9, 2008

BOBOLINK~DICKCISSEL~ARE THOSE EVEN REAL WORDS?

I got some more new species at Armleder. Blue Grosbeak, Dickcissel and Bobolink. When I first saw the Dickcissel it had it's back to me making a unique brrrzzzt sound and I figured it would be pretty easy to check sparrow sounds and figure out what this one was. I tried to get a better look and it turned around for me. To my surprise it was a Dickcissel bigger than shoot, right there at Armleader. It gave chase to another one and I heard another a bit further away so I figure at least 3 at this point. I was also very surprised to see 5 Bobolink flush from the grass as I was walking by also. Both of these birds, as far as I know, were not present at Armleder last year. This place was already good and just keeps getting better. I also finally saw a Common Nighthawk above my house for the first time this year. These 4 make 224. e2

No comments: