Saturday, June 14, 2008

LIFE AND DEATH IN THE PLAINS.....AND MUD....AND IDIOTS

I stepped in some mud and couldn't step out. My foot was stuck and stuck good. Right in the middle of the ROW and a big backhoe barin' down on me. It probably took a good 5 minutes for me to get out, all the while the backhoe slowly getting closer and closer. I started screaming for help to make it funnier, even though it was pretty funny already. It was like a Fish Called Wanda and KkkkkKen was ccccoming to kikkkkill me. The operator said he wasn't going to run me over but I saw the evil glint in his eye when he said it.
We found a Lark Sparrow nest today and a predated Clay-colored Sparrow nest.
There are Killdeer nests everywhere.

Killdeer broken wing display - North Dakota

Photo by John Alexander

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That line from Fish Called Wanda is one of my all-time favorite lines/scenes...hilarious!