Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BIG FAT BIRDER NOW A MEMBER OF "NATURE BLOG NETWORK"!!

You know what that means right?! That's right, nothing. But, now I have a cool little badge in the header! Actually it means that I am now part of that network which tracks my blog and opens a new avenue for people to find the blog! It is a good place to find a large variety of nature oriented blogs.

Nature Blog Network

I did have the pleasant surprise of a flock of goldfinch on the street in our neighborhood. Now I know goldfinches are not a big deal in themselves, but the fact that it was goldfinches in "my" neighborhood and not House Sparrows was a wonderful sight for me.

There are some cool new field guides out for Christmas gifts! National Geographic has split their awesome guide into Eastern/Western now. There is also a new Peterson that is conversely joined as a North American field guide...also very nice. And, not so new but if you haven't noticed, NWF has a newer series of photo guides that is by far the nicest photo guides I have ever seen. Birds, trees and insects to this point. e2

Oh, and currently on ebay for your train loving friends. My latest creation..a cement hopper. Click on the ebay button to the right if you would like to check out the auction.

No comments: