Sunday, August 16, 2009

RENOVATION

I am renovating our 1920's craftsman style house and worked on the porch entrance yesterday into the night. I did finish the section I wanted to. 600lbs of Tennessee flagging and a broken back and sore legs later I have this. It will eventually continue down with a stone step into the sidewalk and patio created with the same stone. This is the start of the project. I got all of the stone from Ohio Valley Stone Products. They were very nice and helpful and the prices are very affordable. Far less than at a big box or local nursery. If you need stone I highly reccomend them. They ROCK!!


Laying out the patern in the driveway


Wood frame in place on old crappy entranceway



plastic and sand in place. I could have used one more bag of sand.


Stone set with gravel grout. The pattern had to change due to bad template placement on driveway.


Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it....it is ruining my yard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!! Looks like everyone can afford to get stoned on their front porch now.

Anonymous said...

That's called grass Eddie, duh?