Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BOWLING GREEN, KY - NO RUFF

Not a reeve or a ruff - just a random pic of a Kookaburra from somewhere.

I dragged Ryan down to Bowling Green to help me find the reported Ruff. Reeve I learn, is the term used for the female. We got there just before the sun was down and had no luck. There was another birder there whose name escapes me but he had quite a firm handshake and friendly demeanor. He seemed to have spent most of the day looking for the bird with no success so I fear it has flown the coop. There were tons of shorebirds with only yellowlegs, snipe & willets identified. I will go back tomorrow morning and see what I can see with hopes of others being there before me, all of them with there scopes on the reeve. I did see a beautiful bluebird which was #194 for the year~ e2

No comments: