Monday, May 26, 2008

NORTH DAKOTA UPDATE

American White Pelicans are relatively plentiful out here! They are fun to watch and really look like dinosaurs. The bump on the bill is something many of the males get during the breeding season. I will update the year list when I get a chance. I have about 30 to add! Some of the highlights have been Mourning Warbler, Connecticut Warbler, Upland Sandpiper, Eared Grebe, Horned Grebe, Western Grebe, Wilson's Phalarope, Black Tern and Marbled Godwit. We have found a few nests, mostly Red-tailed Hawks and a Great Horned Owl Nest. Yellow-headed Blackbirds are everywhere and they have been laying eggs during the past week. Western Kingbirds are around and really pretty. I havn't gone hunting for the rare Yellow Rail yet but am dtermined to find one(hear one) before I leave ND.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POST SOMETHING! BITCHES!!!!!!