Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BIRD ON A WIRE

Although I was planning on seeing Upland Sandpiper while I am here in ND, I did not plan on seeing them sitting on telephone wires. A strange site.
The Harris's Sparrows really tripped me out when I saw them! I hadn't expected them and had never seen them before. Our first week here had many migrants passing through including highlights of Mourning Warbler and Connecticut Warbler!
We saw some hatchling Mourning Doves today in one of the nests we are monitoring. Also, sadly, a predated Blue-winged Teal nest. Killdeer nests are being found all over the place along with Clay-colored Sparrow, Vesper Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Red-winged Blackbird and several raptor nests.


Harris's Sparrow















Clay-colored Sparrow

All photos in post by John Alexander

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's more like it BITCHES!!!!! What do you think about SWWA at RR gorge next Thur-Fri-Sat!!!!

Eddie and Liam said...

I would love to but I can't! I will still be in ND.