Sunday, May 4, 2008

ON FIRE WITH BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER!

Birding seemed slow on the group outing to Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincy yesterday morning with 68 species seen by my count. Edit(Jay listed the group for 91 species...I must have missed a bunch here and there and before and after I left) Regardless of the count I picked up another 9 new species for the year, notably, Blackburnian Warbler, Cape May Warbler & Blackpoll Warbler. I am not even sure what the other 6 were, nothing unexpected though. The group walk was cool. Relaxed and fun, which is probably why the birding seemed slow to me. It was led by Jay Stenger. He is an excellent birder with tons of knowledge as far as I can tell, nice guy too. I am leaving for Fargo, ND soon, which should add some cool birds and give the list another good boost. 217 for now. e2

No comments: