Sunday, September 28, 2008

AUDUBON CLASS

The class was interesting enough although geared towards more intermediate birders thus far. I love being around and listening to more experienced birders however and am sure to learn plenty. For the field trip portion of the class we went to the boat ramp at Shawnee Lookout. I spotted a Blue-headed Vireo and some Tennessee Warblers. We also saw 2 Red-shouldered Hawks, 1 Merlin, 2 Osprey, 1 Red-tailed Hawk and 8 Bald Eagles. 7 of the Bald Eagles were in sight at one time! There was also Indigo Bunting, Pileated Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Blue Jay, Eastern Phoebe, Carolina Wren, Gray Catbird, Double-crested Cormorant, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Cedar Waxwings and a couple other common birds. RAS, are you back from the AT yet? Send me some pics to put on the blog for everyone if you took any>

August in Arizona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took plenty. I've been catching up with the Stats class I missed then I will send some photos later this week. RAS