Saturday, September 27, 2008

WOODPECKER HOUSEWRECKER

The housepecker is back. Michele could not even scare it off. I guess our shingles are full of bugs. I assume it will stop once I finish painting. If not I will have to shoot it. Liam started his popcorn sale today and turned from a shy boy to a popcorn selling maniac. He loves selling popcorn and didn't want to stop. It has done wonders for his confidence already. I am going to an Audubon class for the next 3 Sundays. I will report on it here of course.

We interrupt this blog for a strange scratching sound outside in the night.

20 minutes later.

I first thought it may be a raccoon scratching around the garbage cans but nothing was there. I realized the sound seemed to be coming from the gutter or downspout. I looked around with a flashlight but couldn't find anything. Then there was scratching coming from the bottom of the downspout and I realized there was something inside. I figured it was a mouse that had fallen in and pulled the spout out of the drain and sure enough it was a mouse with wings.

Bat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Photo caption edit:

Big brown bat

RAS