Saturday, October 25, 2008

MIXED FLOCK

I saw a mixed flock of 1000 or so birds. Most of them looked like RWBB because they weren't starlings or grackles. I guess they could have been BHCO but they just felt like red-wings. There was another smaller group of birds that seemed to be sparrow sized in the hundreds. I wish I could identify these flocks better. I am sure it is possible with enough experience but I am nowhere near that. Is there any common flock mixtures that occur now or certain sparrows that like to flock with blackbirds? Do Horned Larks look that small compared to blackbirds. Can anyone offer any insight into this or should I just say, "look at that big flock of birds!" and just forget about it. e2



Elle has been sleeping on the floor for months and finally has gotten a new bed...she is happy.

Matt, this is the loft bed I made Liam last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool bed! Make sure the screws all face the same way you anal bastard!!! Malarky....

Eddie and Liam said...

Thanks! Notice how I didn't bother to line up the bolts. Damn it.