Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I FOUGHT THE GULL & THE GULL WON

I didn't really fight a gull but gull sounds close enough to law that it is fun to sing "I fought the law" replacing law with gull; just like its fun to replace gangsta with birder in "Damn it feels good to be a birder"
I dropped the boys off at school at 7:30AM this morning and headed straight to East Fork Lake to surely not see the shouldn't be there Glaucous Gull that has been there for the past few days. I pulled in the South beach of the Lake and there it was; a big fat white turkey walking around with Killdeer. That's what the Glaucous Gull looked like hanging out with Ring-billed Gulls. A year list bird right here in my neighborhood! Number 325 for 2008. New year birds are getting hard to come by, especially in my own home turf. I was able to get close enough to get a good look at it too which was nice. I also ran into a flock of Dark-eyed Juncos and a couple of Red-breasted Nuthatch. On the drive home I passed the Big Sky Golf AND Swim club which was being crossed by a herd of turkey. I always enjoy seeing herds of turkey! Oswald just gave some birds an ice cream cone and they flew away with it. e2

4 comments:

Shoe said...

Sweet! Gulls are gulls though. They all look alike to me. Would be a lifer for me.

Eddie and Liam said...

You would have noticed the difference in this one...all white.
It is a lifer for me too!

Anonymous said...

Is dropping the kids off at the school like dropping the Cosby kids off at the pool?

Here is anothe ditty for you to the tune of "War Pigs":
"Birders gather in their masses...Blue-haired women with fat asses...In the field they go birding...as the blog machine keeps posting"

OK, I don't know if that makes sense but at Pelee...it is funny as hell! And as we say in Pelee-Bird Every Bird! JBr

Eddie and Liam said...

I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK TO PELEE!
I think we can work with War Pigs! Good one!