Thursday, January 15, 2009

GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS!!!

My favorite bird. Well, one of my very favorites. I was walking home from school with my 5 year old Gannon. The wind chill has got us at about 0 to -15 degrees. In an oak tree 10 feet off of hwy 27 there were 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets. They were just hopping around looking for food like it wasn't even cold out. Sun shining on Orange-yellow head! I never ever in four years of walking back and forth to school along this same route have seen a kinglet. An exciting change from starlings and House Sparrows.

1 comment:

Shoe said...

I don't need no three state birding chase. We have a Snowy Owl ~45min from my house. I was rigth near there today, but didn't know about it. Going abck tomorrow before and after my cross race. Finally a good finish today, btu I did crash pretty hard and bent my rear derailleur into my rear wheel. Passed all by 3 people for 4th of 15 or so.

I hope the owl is there tomorrow!!