Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birds

I am starting to catch glimpses of little birds flitting through my backyard that don't fit in. I imagine they are migrants arriving back in town. I am getting excited to go camping at Pelee for a couple days Mother's day weekend.
My Ball Pythons are starting to breed and a website for "PIN-UP REPTILES" should be up within the next 30days.
I don't have much going on for birdwatching right now so the 1-3 of you who read this send pics or any stories about what you have seen so I can post it here.
I don't know what will be down there but I am going to Land Between the Lakes for a family re-onion around the first week of August. Let me know where to check there if you know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was in asheville NC for a mtg Wednesday, and on my way home I stopped for 30 minutes or so on a road in Pisgah National Forest (NC). Species: n. waterthrush, r-t hummingbird, blue-headed vireos and black-throated greens everywhere, blackburnian, n. parula, w-t sparrow, indigo buntings, broad-winged hawk, hooded warbler, and a few others. was in a spot that looked decent for swainson's warbler, but no luck. ran into a friend that is a grad student at U of TN on I-75...he told us to come down to find Ceruleans, Golden-wingeds, and a bunch of other species in nothern TN. His study site is only 2-2.5 hrs from LEX, and it has a bunch of both of these 2 species! bws

Eddie and Liam said...

I would love to go get Golden-winged Warbler!!

Anonymous said...

tell me when you want to go...