Wednesday, January 16, 2008

FLORIDA?

A couple of birders are going to Florida with the express purpose of picking up some "you have to go to Florida to get" birds ie. Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow, Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow, Seaside Sparrow & Red-cockaded Woodpecker. I don't know how hard it is to find all those but it sure would be fun to try and get all of them! I was on-board to go but things aren't looking so good now. I have every weekend this month and next free but it turns out the weekend for this trip (Jan 25-27) is also the dates for my annual family reunion which is inconveniently scheduled over top of the annual Johnny's Toys Train Show we love to go to. Now what? I don't know but the birding is the one I want to do the most. I have a sinking feeling that it just is not going to happen. We shall see.

No comments: